Saturday, June 25, 2011

What a Week!

I'm back to show the last of my LCOM Layouts using Bella Blvd.'s Tail Waggers and Cat Naps, but first, I had to share what an amazing week I've had! I usually don't enter a lot of layout contests, I kind of go in spurts, if I have something that fits the contest requirements, I'll enter it. This past week, I was surprised to be recognized three times!! First, Echo Park picked one of my layouts to display on their weekly blog post, I Spy Echo Park. Right after that, I got an e-mail from Becky Fleck letting me know that I won the MLS LO Contest on the Page- Maps blog with one of my Tail Wagger Layouts! Finally, yesterday I was roaming blogs and saw that one of my EP Summer Days layouts was chosen as a winner on Echo Park's Facebook Fan Friday Post! I guess when it rains, it pours!



Anyway, back to my final Tail Wagger's LO. This is a picture of my very unstable kitty, Daisy. It's a typical pose for her, she's a bit crazy!

I had a lot of fun with this LO... To add a little "something" to the top corner, I cut a bread tag using MFT's new Die namic.




I stitched a bit crazy... tried to make it look like yarn, not sure if I succeeded, but it added to the crazy feel.

The chipboard pieces from the Tail Waggers' line were fun to work with, and I had to add a couple of Whimsy Buttons!


I finished it off with some twine and rolled flowers made using MFT's Rolled Flower Die namic.





That's it for now, I'll be back next week with a patriotic LO using Bo Bunny's new Liberty Line.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Kathy! You are so talented and I am not surprised in the slightest your layouts were chosen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Kathy...so well deserved!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!