Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas is Coming

I am one of those people that feels that Thanksgiving needs to be over before I can start on Christmas...however that does not apply to my Christmas cards.  I've been making my Christmas cards for years now, and it's one of those projects that has developed a life of its own.  My list is up to about 100 people, so I need to start early!  I came up with a relatively simple design this year..and it includes the new Platinum Shimmer twine from The Twinery!  Take a peek..


I was excited to use some techniques I used in my recent "Motography" class by Jessica Sprague and Heidi Swapp.  The class was all about taking pictures with your smart phone, and they worked with a bunch of apps.  I used the Phonto App to write on my picture and a PSE template given to the students as part of the class to convert a 4" x 4" photo onto a 4" X 6" template so that you can send it out for printing.  It made life so much easier not to have to print my own pics!!!

I used a couple of different collections from Simple Stories for my card, the green papers are from the Snap Core line and the newsprint and red papers are from Handmade Holiday.  I made the little tree by cutting 3 different sized MFT Doilies, folding them in quarters and putting them together to form the tree. The tree trunk is a small piece of woodgrain Washi from Freckled Fawn.


 And the perfect finishing touch... a little bow of Platinum Shimmer Twinery Twine!  I love the sparkle  factor!
 

That's all for today.  Head on over to The Twinery to see other creations using the new Platinum and Gold Shimmer Twines.  Now that the holiday has officially begun for me, I guess I'll need to go do some shopping!  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!