Monday, November 20, 2017

Doodlebug Design: Book Themed Baby Shower

Hi Everyone!  The Doodlebug Design Team was challenged to come up with some fun party themes using Doodlebug products.  This was perfect for me since I offered to help out with my niece's baby shower! The shower was book-themed, everyone brought a favorite baby book in place of a card!   I made a fun banner, the favors and a cute little card, to go along with the theme, take a peek...




I started with the favors, I made little book boxes using my Silhouette and the Pastel Plaid Paper from Kitten Smitten and Gingham Linen Petite Prints.    The favors were a combination of a couple of cut files I edited to fit what I needed.  I then added cute little thank you labels.  The pictures on the labels are Doodlebug Cut files that I made into print and cut files.  They represent some of my daughter's favorite books when she was little. (The books are:  If You Give A Dog a Donut, Make Way for Ducklings, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, The Very Hungry Caterpillar and If You Give a Cat a Cupcake. )  I filled the favor boxes with bars of custom made cold pressed soaps from a local business.  Here are some close ups of the books...








Once I finished the favors (all 40 of them!)  I couldn't resist making a banner with the characters from the labels.




 The banner base is from a Lori Whitlock file here.  I used the following Doodlebug Cut files for the characters (same as the labels on the boxes)  Orange Dog, Donuts, Duckie, Mice, Chocolate Cookie, Caterpillar, Leaf 1, Green Kitty and Cupcake 2.  Again I used the Pastel Plaid paper and some Gingham Linen Petite prints.  I tied it all together with some Cupcake Chunky Twine.  Here are some close ups of the banner pieces...










Finally I made my niece a coordinating  Pop Up Card.  We already know she's having a girl and they decided to name her Marian.


Here is my adorable niece and her even cuter baby bump!  She loved the favors!


That's it for me today, thanks for stopping by to peek!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!