Monday, June 24, 2019

Doodlebug Design | Far Out Baby Shower Gift

My friend's daughter is expecting her first child... a little boy!  We are all so excited for them!  When I received the shower invitation and saw that the theme was outer space, I knew I had to use the new Doodlebug Design So Much Pun - Far Out Stamps to make her something!  I decide to make her a first year mini album, and a little box card featuring some cut files from the So Much Pun Collection.


I started with the So Much Pun Space Ship File which is available in SVG in the Lori Whitlock SVG Shop as well as in the Silhouette Store.  I worked with the flat file and transformed it into a box card.


I love this little alien!! I added a piece of transparency to the bubble part of the card to make it more sturdy.  I then added the little star and a speech bubble sentiment.  The card folds flat to fit in an envelope.


For the Album, I started by stamping all of the images from the So Much Pun Far Out Set a few times.  I heat embossed the images, colored them using my Copic Markers and cut them out using the coordinating dies.   For the cover, I created a little space scene with some of these images.


 Each page of the album is actually an envelope.  You can slide a photo into the top, making it look similar to an instant photo.  I added some stamped images to each of the pages.


On the back of each album page is a note card to record the baby's monthly statistics.  I created a page for the birth picture, then one for each of the first 12 months.  Here are some close-ups.  I used some coordinating Teensy Type Stickers to add the months.






The Far Out Stamps were really perfect for this project!


I created a Silhouette Cut file for the pages of the album.  You can access it for free on my blog here.  That's it for me today, thank you for stopping by to peek!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!