Monday, December 16, 2019

Doodlebug Design | Winter Wonderland Snow Globe Card

I am so excited to be kicking off a couple of weeks of Winter Wonderland inspiration on the Doodlebug Design Blog.  If you haven't seen this collection yet, you're in for a treat!  The colors, the icons, the patterns... its all so yummy.  The whole collection immediately made me think of a snow globe, so I designed this card to showcase some of the cute icons.


I have to say, not much makes me happier than a Doodlebug Snowman... and this collection is full of them!   Isn't he adorable?    I combined some elements from the Odds & Ends, with some stickers from the Icons Sticker Sheet to make this fun little scene.  To finish the look, I added some of the acetate Snowflake Odds & Ends. If you look close, they seem to be floating!  The winter wonderland sticker is from the This and That Stickers.  Here is a close-up of the scene...


Would you like to make a snow globe card?  Well you can!  I created an SVG file for the card base, and you can fill it with Doodlebug Odds & Ends, Stickers and more!  This SVG file is available exclusively through the Lori Whitlock SVG Shop here.  Here's a quick tutorial showing how I put it all together.


 1)  These are the pieces included  with the SVG File.**  I cut 2 of the back piece so I could have the patterns I wanted showing.  I simply glued them together to form the back piece.
**The remaining pieces are from the Winter Wonderland Odds & Ends, Snowflake Odds & Ends, Icon Stickers and This & That Stickers.
2)  Glue the acetate piece to the snow globe frame.
3)  Add the snow mounds to the background piece as shown
4)  Fold the side pieces along the score lines.


5)  Glue the side pieces to the back of the card as shown.  You want the bottom of the side to be flush with the bottom of the back piece.
6)  Repeat with the other side piece
7)  Next I added the trees.  The larger is from the Odds & Ends Package and the smaller is from the Icons Sticker Sheet.
8)  I then decorated the insert.  The Snowman and bird are from the Odds & Ends pieces and the bunny is from the Icon Stickers.


9)  Fold the tabs on the insert back, and adhesive to just the tabs.  Slide it between the sides of the card, pressing to stick the tabs to the sides.  The bottom of the insert should be flush with the bottom of the back piece.
10)  Add adhesive to the other tabs on the side pieces and add the front of the card to the tabs.  The front is placed in the same manner as the back in steps 5 & 6.
11)  As an afterthought, I added some of the acetate snowflakes to the card.  I glued some on the inside of the acetate piece so they looked like they were floating, some to the back ground piece and a couple others to the snowman and trees.

If you make a Doodlebug snow globe card, we would love to see it!  Be sure to tag Doodlebug Design on Facebook and Instagram, so we can view your creations!  That's it for me today, thanks for stopping by to peek.

DOODLEBUG PRODUCTS USED
Winter Wonderland Collection

OTHER PRODUCTS
Acetate Sheets
Cutting Machine
Foam Tape

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!