Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Doodlebug Cuteness

I was sorting through some pictures and I realized I never posted this cute little project I did for a friend who just had a baby.  I was inspired by a project I found on Pinterest (seen here...).  I took the project a little further by making the blogs more "baby block"-like and I used the absolutely ADORABLE Doodlebug Sugar and Spice Collection to add some color. (which I must admit, I purchased long before I had this project in mind...the colors and patterns were just irresistible!)


I started with some plain old wooden photo blocks I bought at AC Moore.  I painted them white, and added some ink to the edges to antique them a bit.  From there it was easy..I just added some squares of the papers and some of the stickers from the collection (that giraffe is so my favorite....)



 

I cut the words and numbers using some cut files and modge-podged everything to seal it on. It was a fun project to create, and honestly it was nice to just do a project for no reason!  That's it for now, I'll be back Thursday with a project for Right at Home!

2 comments:

  1. These are well done - I definitely feel the Doodlebug Cuteness you shared here. Doodlebug is my fave and it is always cool to see an altered project using their products! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!