During the holidays, I like to bake for my neighbors and close friends, but time doesn't always allow me to bake as much as I'd like! Perfect solution... a jar full of Doodlebug Christmas Magic! I designed this fun Mason Jar Box Card and filled it with some of the candy and gingerbread Chit Chat pieces! How "sweet" is that?! Take a peek..
Here's a side view...
I completed the card with a little tag from the Christmas Magic 6x6 pad...
Now for the fun part! I've created an SVG file for the Mason Jar Card Base and it is available exclusively in the Lori Whitlock SVG Shop here
! The file only includes the Jar card base, you can fill it with almost anything! It's pretty easy to assemble, I've outlined the steps below.
1. Start by cutting the pieces of the file. You will need a transparency sheet for the front of the card. They are widely available in Office Supply Stores and on-line.
2. Glue the darker grey cardstock pieces behind the jar covers.
3. Glue the jar frame to the transparency jar.
4. Glue the single cover to the background jar piece.
5. Fold the score lines on the bottom piece. Fold the longest strip in half along the score line and glue onto the base towards the center. This is the piece to which you will glue your jar "fillings."
6. Attach the front and back Jar pieces to the base as shown. Make sure the edges are flush so that it will stand properly.
7. Glue the attached jar lids to the backside of the jar back, making sure the covers are aligned.
8. On the left is the card ready to be filled. On the right are the Chit Chat pieces I used to fill my jar.
9. I started by attaching a few of the gingerbread men together using foam tape between the layers to give them some dimension.
10. Add some adhesive to the feet of the gingerbread men and glue them to the strip on the base.
11. Add some Candy pieces to the back of the jar using foam tape for dimension.
12. To add more items, I cut 2 of the 1" scored strips, and added some candies to them.
13. Glue the bottom of the strip with the candies and attach to the base of the jar in front of the gingerbread men.
14. Repeat step 12 with another gum drop
15. Add that strip to the jar base as in step 13.
16. Once all of your pieces are in the jar, add some adhesive to the back of the front jar lid and attach up and over the front jar piece. I also tied on one of little tags from the Christmas Magic 6x6 pad with some Doodle Twine.
This card folds flat and will fit in a 5x7 envelope. We would love to see your creations using this file and the Christmas Magic Collection. Be sure to tag Doodlebug Design on Facebook
so we can see what you've made! That's it for me today, thanks for stopping by to peek!
DOODLEBUG PRODUCTS USED
Christmas Magic Collection
Dot Stripe Petite Prints Collection