I've always loved Easter Crafts. There are so many sweet little images... bunnies, chicks, eggs... they are hard to resist. Add some Doodlebug icons, colors and embellishments... it's cuteness overload! I mixed it all together and came up with this fun project... take a peek...
So you're probably asking... "Is it a card, or is it a decor piece?" The answer is YES! The project started as a box card, with the bunny riding the train. I loved how he turned out but then I thought, he needed some friends.
So... I added a couple of train cars with eggs and a chick! These two parts are also box cards in their own right that are attached with simple little strips that connect the cars.
You can make this strictly as a home decor piece, but you could also make the 3 separate cards, which fold flat, mail them to someone special along with the strips and instructions on how to attach them! That would be such a fun surprise!
Want to make one to send?? (or keep??) I created an SVG file for this project. It's available exclusively in the Lori Whitlock SVG Shop here
Below are some simple assembly instructions....
1) To assemble the bunny "engine" first cut the pieces. The sentiment is done as a print and cut. Add the embellishments to the layers as shown.
2) Attach the train pieces together by gluing one of the small side pieces to the front and back as shown. (on the side with the biggest wheel)
3) Attach the tab of the bunny insert to the inside of the side piece you just glued, the tab should be flush with the back fold. Add the other side piece to the remaining tab on the insert.
4) Attach the tabs of the 2nd side piece to the front and back train pieces.
5) This will form the engine part of the project.
6) Next, cut the pieces for the 2 train cars. Both cars are assembled in the same manner, I am showing the egg car.
7) Add the embellishments to the pieces as shown. Fold the "box" into shape, glue with the tab inside.
8) Add the car sides & wheels to both sides of the box you made in step 7. Align the top edges and center.
9) Add glue to the tabs on the insert. Slide into the box, and press the tabs to the sides to hold. Repeat this general process for the other car
10) The cards can now all fold flat and can be mailed if you wish. To attach the cars and engine together, there are 2 small tabs included in the file. Fold both score lines. Glue one tab to the engine, and one to the first car to attach. The strips have a hole in the center if you wish to add a brad, I added a glitter sprinkle enamel dot. Repeat with the 2nd strip and the 2 cars. Done!
I hope this card brings a little sunshine to your day! That's it for me today, thanks for stopping by to peek!
DOODLEBUG PRODUCTS USED:
Dot Stripe Petite Prints Collection
Gingham Linen Petite Prints Collection
Hoppy Easter Shaped Sprinkles Bunnies
Silhouette Cameo or Other Cutting Machine