Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Lori Whitlock: State Heart Pillow

Happy Monday everyone,  I have a fun project to share with you today!  I created this pillow for my niece who moved to Maine with her cute little family.  I used Lori's State Heart Dingbats Font (SVG, Silhouette), take a peek...



Cutting fabric with your Silhouette or Cricut is easier than you think!  For my project I started with Terial Magic Fabric Stabilizer. I first saturated the fabric I wanted to cut with Terial Magic, hung it until it was damp dry (about 15 minutes.) and then ironed the fabric.  Once ironed, the fabric is very stiff and almost feels like paper.   I placed the fabric on a very sticky mat and sent it to cut using the fabric cut settings on my Silhouette.  (make sure you are using a newer blade or fabric blade to cut ) Once cut, I machine stitched it to my pillow cover.   You could also use an iron on fabric stabilizer. For fabrics, I used Doodlebug's Kisses fabrics for Riley Blake.   My niece loved the pillow and it looked really cute in her living room!  That's it for me today, thanks for stopping by to peek!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!