Monday, December 11, 2017

Lori Whitlock: Gift Card Booklet

Hi Everyone!  I'm up on the Lori Whitlock blog today with a little gift card booklet I made from a mini album file.  Every year, I give my college girl a few gift cards to her favorite places in a cute little package.  It's one of her favorite Christmas gifts!  This year, I made a fun book using Lori's 4x6 Horizontal Pocket Mini Album Tabbed Pages  (available here in the Silhouette Store) and some papers and embellishments from Echo Park's A Perfect Christmas.  Take a peek....


To make the mini album a better size for gift cards, I had to resize the file.  To do this, I first loaded the file into my Silhouette.  Next, I ungrouped the file and deleted the tabbed pages since I was not using them.  I then regrouped the remaining pieces.  To size them I drew a rectangle on my mat measuring 3.5" x 2.25" which is slightly larger than a standard gift card.  I placed the rectangle over the base of one of the gift card pockets and clicked on the upper right corner of the grouped shapes and dragged down until the pocket size was close enough to the rectangle size.


This sized all of the pieces perfectly!  Here are some close-ups of some of the inside pages...




I added a belly band to the book to keep it closed since it was a little thick once the cards were inserted.  To do this I simply cut a 0.5" strip of colored paper from a 12" x 12" paper and wrapped it around the book.  I trimmed the extra and secured the band with my tape runner.  Now to finish my shopping and fill it all up!  That's it for me today, thanks for stopping by to peek!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!