Monday, December 17, 2018

Doodlebug Design | Christmas Town Cut File Ornament

Hi Everyone!  Christmas is in full swing at our house, we are finally decorated and now the wrapping begins!  I love decorating our tree, looking back at the ornaments and remembering their stories.  I decided to create a new ornament this year, using one of the adorable Doodlebug Design Christmas Town Cut files... take a peek...


I used the Christmas Town Snowman Look Up file (SVG, Silhouette) to create a pattern for my ornament. First I sized the Snowman in Silhouette, then cut him from thin paper.  I used the paper pieces as a pattern and cut the Snowman from some fun Papertrey Ink Felt.  Then I just stitched him together!


I used some Doodlebug Sequins in Bubblegum and some seed beads for the cheeks.  The eyes and mouth are pieces of Beetle Black Doodlebug Sequins that I cut with a hole punch.


I wanted the arms to be a little more stable so I cut two of each arm and stitched them together, then stitched them onto the snowman body.


I added a swimming pool Doodlebug Sequin to the cute little bowtie and some tiny black buttons from my stash.


Finally I stitched the year on a scrap piece of felt and stitched it to the back of the ornament so we know what year it was made.  He look so cute on the tree!


That's it for me today, thanks for stopping by to peek!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!