Friday, March 2, 2012

Phew.... I did it!

I've officially broken any kind of layout record I've ever set. Fueled only on caffeine, I finished the last two entries for the Bella Blvd. Challenges... in 3 hours! Considering a layout can take me days to complete, I'm very impressed with myself.
The first layout challenge (day 4 seen here) was to use the Border Strip Papers in your layout. I created a layout using the Border Strips from Making the Team as a background for my picture. Here it is.
I love this picture, it's of my daughter and her good friend & teammate showing off their "bling" from the last gymnastics competition...they both did very well!
The border strips made the perfect background! They also made great embellishments as stars and banner pieces.
Finally, Challenge day 5 was to use good old punched circles on your layout. I decided to use different sized circles as a border, using Christmas Wishes collection.
This my naughty kitty Daisy. She firmly believes that all parts of the tree, the trimmings and the presents are put out for her pleasure. Many times I've looked up and seen two green eyes staring out at me from halfway up the tree.
I lined the circles up and ran a stitch through them to look like garland.
I can't believe I did it! Now, if I can only win the big box of Bella Blvd. Goodies!!! I'll be back tomorrow with the latest reveal from Let's Capture these Sketches .

1 comment:

  1. I love these both, Kathy!!! You always have the best designs and fun feel to your layouts! And you must have been especially motivated by all those great papers you used - that's why you were able to finish so fast!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!