Need a card to send to someone for a special occasion, or maybe just to brighten their day? I created this watering can box card for Doodlebug Design, and it would be perfect for a number of different occasions including Easter, Mother's Day, Birthdays, Spring or just because! Take a peek...
This box card is based on the Watering Can from the Simply Spring Collection. I used a combination of papers from the Love Notes, Petite Prints and Spring Things Collections to piece it together then added a sentiment to the tag using the new All Occasion Doodle Stamps. These stamps are just awesome, there is a sentiment for almost any occasion! I finished the card with some sprinkles for my flower centers!
I created an SVG file for this card so you can make and send your very own! It is available exclusively in the Lori Whitlock SVG Shop here. Following is a quick assembly tutorial ...
1) Start by cutting the pieces. Add the decorative panels to the box card base and add the flower pieces to the insert.
2) Glue the two pieces of the handle together. Do not add adhesive to the tabs on either end. Repeat with the spout pieces.
3 & 4) Insert the handle into the two slots on the card base. Turn over and fold "open" the tabs. Glue the tabs to the inside of the box. Repeat process with the Spout.
5) Glue the box into shape, tab goes on the inside of the box.
6) Add adhesive to the tabs of the insert. Fold them back.
7) Slide the Insert into the box, align the tabs with the back of the box and press the tabs to the sides to adhere.
All that is left is to pick your sentiment for the tag that is included with the card and tie it around the watering can!
I'm sure there are many folks who would just love to receive a card in these days of social distancing, and this would certainly bring a smile to the recipient's face! That's it for me today, thanks for stopping by to peek!
DOODLEBUG PRODUCTS USED
Love Notes Collection
Petite Prints Collection
Spring Things Collection
All Occasion Doodle Stamps