Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Paper Issues: Spooky Black Cats!

Hi Everyone, I'm up on the Paper Issues Blog today with a fun project for the "Witchin' You a Happy Halloween" Issue.  !  I definitely wouldn't mind these black cats crossing my path!
 

They were really pretty easy to create!  I started with a 2x4 piece of wood.  I cut (or should I say my neighbor Lenny cut....) 3 pieces (12", 10" and 8" long).  Then he cut the triangle out of the top to form the ears.  From there, I painted them black with some Martha Stewart Matte Chalkboard paint.  After it dried, I sanded the edges and covered the sides with some Doodlebug Papers.  The eyes are simply punched white circles with some Doodlebug Beetle Black Sprinkles for the pupils.  I found some black tulle and some older Doodlebug ribbons in my stash and added some bows. I think they turned out pretty cute! 
 
Make sure to link up your Halloween themed projects to the Witchin' You a Happy Halloween Issue & you could win a fun prize pack from our sponsor, SRM Stickers.  That's it for me today, thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. This is the cutest project, Kathy! It makes me smile every time I see these cuties.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!