Monday, May 21, 2018

Lori Whitlock: Customized Graduation Cards

Hi Everyone! Today I'm on the Lori Whitlock Blog with some fun Graduation cards.  We have at least 4 graduation parties coming up and I wanted to use the new Flexi Card Congrats Grad (SVG, Silhouette).  I decided to embellish them a bit and also to add a gift card pocket to the back of the card.  I used the Graduation Cap with Year (SVG, Silhouette), and the pocket piece from the Gift Card Purse (SVG, Silhouette) to customize my cards.


I looked up the colors for each of the schools and used those colors for the frame and background piece on the Flexi Cards.  The papers I used are Doodlebug Design's Gingham Linen Petite Prints.  I resized the graduation cap and year to fit the front of the card and added them with some foam tape to make them pop a bit.  I used a Doodlebug gold glitter sprinkle to top off the tassel.



I resized the pocket from Gift Card Purse to fit on the back of the card, this way I can add a little something to the card!



Below, I've highlighted the pieces I resized so you can see how big to make them if you wish to recreate this card. (you can also use the pocket on the other cards in the Flexi Card Sentiment Bundle as well)


(Measurements:  Hat: 1.161"h x 2.25"w    Year:  1.140"h x 1.0"w   Pocket:  1.991"h x 4.463"w)

That's it for me today, thanks for stopping by to peek!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!