Monday, February 28, 2011

February RAH Projects

Hi Everyone! Just spent a great weekend working the Croptopia event in Mystic, CT. It was a first for me, helping to run the on-site store for Right at Home Scrapbooking, we had such a good time, an met some wonderful ladies!

I wanted to share with you the projects I did for Right at Home for February. I got to work with a couple of lines from My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Collection. The papers are great, very vintage and romantic!

My first layout features a picture of my grandparents when they were dating. I love this picture! They are so young! I based this layout on sketch 54 by Creative Scrappers.

I created the roses by coloring fabric with Shimmerz Spritz and stiffening the fabric. I then cut the roses using My Favorite things Rolled Rose Die-namics. I added some stitching and pearls for a vine look.


My next layout used the Portobello line from MME's Lost and Found collection. I LOVE the blue/green/brown color combo!


The picture is my daughter Caroline. It's one of the five hundred tries of our Christmas Card picture! I converted it to black and white to keep the vintage feel. The hearts and rolled flowers were created using MFT Die-namics. The trims were colored using Shimmerz Spritz.





Finally, we were asked to create something different than a layout. My assignment was to create a home decor item. I decided to create a vintage looking frame to showcase my grandparent's wedding picture. The flowers and hearts were created using... you guessed it.. MFT Die-namics! The roses are fabric that I stiffened and colored. A little paint and an inexpensive frame is turned to something worthy of such a special picture!

That's it for now. I'll be back soon with some layouts from Right at Home and also, my reveal for Lets Capture Our Memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!