Friday, August 16, 2013

The Twinery Inspired by Pinterest Challenge

Hi Everyone,
I'm here with my project for The Twinery's current challenge Inspired by Pinterest.  I have to admit, I can (and sometimes do...) spend hours on Pinterest.  I might start out looking for a particular recipe, next thing I know, I'm pinning craft projects, funny quotes...cats wearing strange outfits...you name it!  I do get some fabulous ideas (though my cats may not think so)!  People never cease to amaze me with their creativity! 
 
The project I was most recently inspired by is this fabulous layout by Laura Vegas.  The original pin is here, and the original post can be found here.  I loved how she used the tone on tone papers and embellishments!  It really caught my eye.
 
 
I decided to used this technique on a birthday card I made for my friend Anita. The papers and stickers I used are from Doodlebug's Take Note Collection.



 I used Solid Blossom, Solid Caribbean, Solid Honeydew and Solid Marigold to outline my HB2U letters.  The colors coordinated perfectly with my papers.  I also colored some wood pieces from Freckled Fawn and added some buttons from my stash to match the background colors. 









 
Today is the last day to link up your Pinterest Inspired project to The Twinery's challenge.  For the rules, details and to link up, see our original post here.  You could win a sampler pack of our new Solid Twines!    You have until 11:59pm EST tonight to link up!  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Love how you used Laura's page for inspiration, Kathy!! And the twine for your birthday sentiment is SO FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the use of twine on your card! The twine and paper match perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!