Friday, August 29, 2014

Doodlebug Designs: Inspired by Project

Hi Everyone...I have a Doodlebug "Inspired by:" project today.  The ladies of the Doodlebug DT were asked to find a project done by a past or present Doodlebug DT member and to create a project inspired by it.  Honestly this was a tough task...there have been so many inspiring projects!  After pouring through my Doodlebug pins I found a beautiful layout by current DT member Melinda Spinks.  It truly is one of my all time favorite layouts!  First, here is my "inspired" layoutR

 

( I LOVE this quote from the book Mathilda by Roald Dahl! ) And here is Melinda's Original....just lovely!!!!

I love the Lily White background and the use of washi for color,  along with the black and white photo on Melinda's layout . And I must say the stitching on the Washi Tape is inspired!  I chose to use all of these elements on my layout.  Below is my stitching on the Swiss Dot Washi using some white Doodle Twine.


In place of Melinda's flower brads, I created some flowers using Doodlebug Sequins and some White Sprinkles.


That's it for me ...be sure to check out the Doodlebug Blog to see what the other DT members have created.  I'm sure you will be doubly inspired!  Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!