Valentine's crafting is some of my favorite crafting and I'm having so much fun playing with the new Doodlebug Design Love Notes Collection. The little icons are just the cutest! I especially loved the love letter piece from the Odds & Ends and decided to turn it into a Box Card. Take a peek...
As soon as I saw the I Love You print on the Secret Admirer paper I knew I had to use it! I combined it with the hearts side of the Rose Garden paper and some Cherry Petite Prints to make my envelope.
The Heart to Heart shaped sprinkles are awesome, I love their slightly wonky shapes!
I finished the card with some pieces from the Odds and Ends. The little birdies are adorable! Now for the fun part! I created an SVG for this file and it is available exclusively in the Lori Whitlock SVG Shop here!
Here is a tutorial showing how to assemble the card... it's really easy!
1. Start by adding the decorative layers to the main body pieces of the envelope and the letter as shown.
2. Add the triangle piece to the "V" piece to form the front of the envelope.
3. Attach the sides to the front of the card, gluing the tabs inside, then attach to the back piece of the card. The bottoms of the sides should be flush with the bottoms of the front and back pieces.
4. Fold the tabs on the insert back, add adhesive to the outside of the tabs. Slide it into the envelope "box" and press to the sides. I made the tabs flush with the back of the card.
5. This is the finished card. There is also a print and cut sentiment piece that says Happy Valentine's Day. (see my finished card)