Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Doodlebug Design: Christmas Cards

Hi Everyone, today, I have some Christmas Cards that I created for Doodlebug Design to share with you!  Every year I make my own Christmas cards...it's gotten a bit out of control, and I'm now making about 100 each year.  I need a design that is fun, but can be easily replicated.  Here's an idea I came up with this year!
 

 
These were really pretty quick to put together.  I started out with some basic supplies:  Some Doodlebug Textured Cardstock, a few patterned papers from Santa's Express, some Doodlebug Doilies & Sequins, some Merry Christmas Doodle Stickers and some Doodlebug Woodsy Washi Tape.
 
 
The cards are standard A2 size.  I cut the card bases from the Doodlebug Textured Cardstock to be 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" (finished card size 4 1/4" x 5 1/2").  For each card, I then cut a piece of coordinating paper from the Santa Express Collection (3 3/4" x 5 ") .  I topped it with another piece of Textured cardstock measuring 3 1/4" x 4 1/2".  I layered these all together, and I added some stitching to the top layer.
 
 
The trees were easy to make.  I started by cutting the Doodlebug Doily in quarters.  For the bottom of the tree I used the whole quarter.  For the next two layers, I cut each slightly smaller.  I then layered them on my card using a piece of the Woodsy Washi for my tree trunk.  You can decorate them in a number of ways.  I chose to add some more stitching and some sequins.  I topped them off with some stars from the Stars & Stripes Star Jewels.  To finish the card, I put a Merry Christmas Doodle sticker inside.

 


The end result is that each card is similar, but unique!  They really went together quickly!  Now I only have to make 97 more!!!  I hope that this inspires you to make some quick cards for your family & friends!  Make sure to check the Doodlebug Blog each day for more inspiration from the Design Team!  Thanks for stopping by!
 

1 comment:

  1. Such an amazing and clever use of the doilies, Kathy! The stitching adds so much! Love these!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!