Sunday, December 9, 2012

Creative Scrappers Sketch #238

Hi Everyone, I hope you are all enjoying your weekend!  I'm back today with Creative Scrappers Sketch #238 by Juliana Michaels.  This was such a fun sketch to work with!  As soon as I saw it, I knew what I was going to create!  Here's the sketch:
 

And here's my version.  I tipped the sketch sideways and instead of a sunburst, I created a Union Jack flag.  My daughter has this thing for guys with British accents (we're in trouble...), I blame it on One Direction.  She HAD to have these jeans as soon as she saw them, and as you can see, she was happy to show them off!


I used papers and stickers from Jillibean Soup's Soup Staples 2.  I LOVE the patterns and colors.  They made the perfect foundation for my picture.  I used some MFT Die namics to cut the flag and photo corner pieces.  My favorite parts of the layout are the ADORABLE Union Jack Buttons created by the uber talented and super sweet Stephanie Hart from My Little Bit of Whimsy.  They totally "make" my layout!



That's it for today...make sure to stop by the Creative Scrappers Blog to check out all of the gorgeous creations from the team!

7 comments:

  1. I love this!!!!! <3 <3 <3 You rocked this sketch! XO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This LO is amazing!! You made this sketch shine, I'm so lifting you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just FAB and that's not only because I'm from the UK lol
    Really love the original design and your pic is so cute! Tx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWOW This page is so Original with the sketch !!! wow Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this Kathy!! What an awesome use of the sketch and I love the way you did the "burst", with the flag color scheme!! Such a cool look! And those "British" patterned buttons are just too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab page, love how you interpret ted the star-burst!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a little late getting here, sorry! I love that you used the flag for the starbursts! Those flag buttons are awesome! Love how different your interpretation of the sketch is!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!