Saturday, February 9, 2013

Some Doodlebug Subway Art

Over on the Right at Home Scrapbooking blog we have "The Fourteen Days of Love" going on.  The DT has come up with some really fun Valentine-themed projects!  I was assigned a home decor project and decided to create a Subway Art frame.  As part of my post I tried to find a definition of Subway art, but really was at a loss...I finally combined a couple of different descriptions I found on line and came up with:

Subway Art, n.  1.  Placing and arranging related words, in random fonts to form art. 2. A collage of words.

Whatever you want to call it, here's my first attempt at creating it!

 
I started with a plain white 9" x 12" frame I purchased at Michael's and papers and stickers from Doodlebug's Lovebirds Collection.   I then used my Silhouette to cut the words from the background.  I wanted some dimension, so I used the negative space from the words, and backed them with some of the more colorful papers.  For some of the words, I re-cut the word itself and popped it up using foam tape. 


To jazz up the frame, I outlined it in some Stone and Strawberry Twinery Twine and added a couple of the stickers from the Lovebirds Collection.

 
I was very happy with the results!  It's really was a fun project to create!  Make sure to stop by the Right at Home Scrapbooking blog to check out the other Valentine's projects!  I'll be back soon with a peek of the Layout for RAH's Layout Workshop.

5 comments:

  1. I love this! Very cute, Kathy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous!!! I love your take on Subway art!!! Did you use fonts to cut the words or cut files?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is even better IRL! Especially love the negative spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this on Doodlebug's facebook page - This was genius! Love the Subway art but Doodlebug style!! It simply blew me away!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!