Monday, June 10, 2019

Doodlebug Design | Study Abroad Layout

My daughter spent the last year studying in Scotland for her junior year abroad.  She really took advantage of the inexpensive flights and accommodations in Europe... so much so that we joke that the year was more about the "abroad" than about the studying! I wanted to create a layout showcasing some of my favorite pictures from her travels.  I was inspired by some of the fun icons in the Fun in the Sun SVG Collection... take a peek...

I created the Silhouette file for the Study Abroad, and filled the letters with my favorite pictures.  I  backed the Study letters with papers from a combination of the Simply Spring and Sugar & Spice 6x6 pads.  The background papers are also from the Simply Spring Collection... they were the perfect fit...the ruled paper for the study theme and the clouds for the travel abroad theme!  Here are some close-ups...


Of course I had to use the airplane file from the Fun in the Sun collection. I embellished with some clouds from Fun in the Sun collection and stitching for the plane trails.


How cute is the little globe??


My daughter loved all the bicycles in Amsterdam so I just had to add the bike cut file.  To complete I added some stitching for the ground and some flowers sprinkles.
If you would like to use the Study Abroad Silhouette file, you can download it free from my blog here.  That's it for me today, thanks for stopping by!

Products Used

Simply Spring Collection - Blue Skies
 Simply Spring Collection - Bloomin' Bugs
6 x 6 Simply Spring Paper Pad
Simply Spring Collection - Sprinkles - May Flowers
pastel posies shape sprinkles
fun in the sun this & that sticker
sweet summer this & that sticker
6x6 sugar & spice paper pad
dot-stripe rainbow petite prints


Doodlebug Design Cut Files

Sun and Clouds - Fun in the Sun
Suitcases - Fun In The Sun
Bicycle - Fun In The Sun
Globe - Fun In The Sun
Airplane - Fun In The Sun

Other

DMC Floss

Study Abroad Cut File


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!