Thursday, January 5, 2023

Lori Whitlock | 5x7 Grid Pop Up Card Tutorial

Hi Everyone!  I'm back with another fun 5x7 Grid Pop Up Card from Lori Whitlock today!  In addition to the seasonal versions of this card type, Lori has a fun 5x7 Grid Pop Up Birthday Bundle.  I have a few January birthdays coming up so I decided to make the 5x7 Grid Pop Up Card Birthday Balloons version (SVG, Silhouette).  I pieced it together with papers from Lori's Pets Collection for Echo Park Paper.  Take a peek...


I put together a quick tutorial showing just how easy these cards are to assemble.... 


Start by cutting the pieces of your card.  You will have three plain bases (bottom) and three decorated inserts.  Next add the different elements to the inserts.  I cut and added the stars, balloons and banner to the front facing pieces (the clouds are part of my patterned paper).  I also print and cut the sentiment piece using the print and cut feature of my Silhouette.  This piece goes on the back of the largest insert.


Next you want to start assembling your "grid".  Start wit the three plain bases.  The two smaller bases go on the outer sides with the larger in the middle.  Slide the front star insert into the front-most slits in each of the base pieces as shown.  The bottoms should be flush.  You may need to wiggle them a little to get them there.

Next add the second insert with the balloons.  You want to slide it into the second set of slits in the base pieces.


Lastly, repeat the process with the largest background insert.  Slide it into the last row of slits until the bottoms are all flush.

Once assembled this card folds flat to fit into a standard A7 (5.25" x 7.25") envelope.  


That's it for me today, thanks for stopping by to peek!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!