Friday, March 24, 2017

Doodlebug Design: Collectible Pin Display

Hi Everyone!  Today I have a project for Doodlebug Design ... showcasing the Doodlebug Collectible Pins!  I will admit, I have ALL THE DOODLEBUG PINS!!!!  They are just so cute I couldn't resist!  The problem for me was that they were sitting on my craft table just waiting for me to do something with them, so this project was perfect for me!  I'm, not really a collector, (other than craft supplies lol) so I headed over to Pinterest to look for pin display ideas.  I came upon this foam core board frame display idea here, and decided to give it a try!  Take a peek...


These were actually pretty easy to assemble.  I started by cutting frame shapes out using my Silhouette.  Next I traced each frame shape twice onto foam core board, and cut them out using an exacto knife.


Next, for each frame, I cut a piece of plastic canvas mesh (the kind you use for embroidery) to be just larger than the opening of the frame.


To assemble the frame, I glued the plastic mesh between the two foam core frames.  Using my Silhouette I cut the frame shapes from some Gingham Linen Petite Prints papers to cover the front of each frame.  I added some flowers from the Spring Things Odds & Ends and some older Doodlebug Ribbon I had in my stash to hang each frame.  Here are some close-ups of each frame...





And here they are hanging on the wall of my craft room!


That's it for me today!  Thanks for stopping by to peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!