Monday, November 30, 2020

Doodlebug Design | Night Before Christmas Advent Calendar

Every year I try to come up with a new and fun Advent Calendar for the holiday.  We always enjoy opening a new treat each day as we count down to Christmas.  This year while searching Pinterest, I found a wooden calendar with a tree and small gifts to hold some goodies.  I decided it would be fun to create one made from Doodlebug's Night Before Christmas Collection.  I set to work and created my own paper version... take a peek...


I started with some Gingham Linen Petite prints and some chipboard to make my tree.  I glued the tree to a circular base, made from some chipboard and the red side of the Jolly St. Nick Cardstock.  I decorated the tree with strands of sprinkles and the Twinkle Light Shaped Sprinkles...they were perfect!


I made 24 little boxes.  I added mini brads to help pull them open and numbered them using the Sunshine Alphabet Stickers.  All that was left was to embellish the boxes some more.  I used some toys and gifts from the Odds & Ends Pack.  Here are some close-ups of all of the boxes...



My favorite is the little kitty on top of the boxes, because let's face it, that's exactly what they do when they are not climbing the tree!  Each box is about 1.7" cubed so they are the perfect size for a chocolate or 2!

I created a cut file for this project and it is currently available in the Lori Whitlock SVG Shop here.  It will also be coming to the Silhouette Store.  There is a quick tutorial in Lori's shop on the product page.  Be sure to come back to the blog for the next couple of weeks for more Night Before Christmas inspiration!  That's it for me today, thanks for stopping by to peek.

DOODLEBUG PRODUCTS USED
Night Before Christmas Collection
Gingham Linen Petite Prints
Dot Stripe Petite Prints
Twinkle Light Shaped Sprinkles
Christmas Assortment Sprinkles
Sunshine Alphabets
Tiny Brads

OTHER
Silhouette Chipboard
Silhouette Cameo
liquid adhesive
foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!