Monday, November 29, 2021

Doodlebug Design | Great Outdoors Pop Dot Cards Tutorial

I have always loved creating projects with lots of dimension... whether it be a 3d project, layout or card! I also love making little "scenes" with all of the adorable Doodlebug icons.  I decided to combine all of my loves using the Great Outdoors Collection along with the Great Outdoors Doodle Stamps to create some fun pop dot cards!  Take a peek...


I started with the adorable bear and fishy from the Great Outdoors Doodle Stamps.  I find coloring so relaxing!!!!  I layered on some of the pine trees and a night sky using papers from the 6x6 pad for my grass, sky and water.  To finish, I added the Happy Bear-thday sentiment from the Chit Chat pieces.


When you look closely, you can see all of the dimension in the card.


Next I made a sweet little card using the Moose and bunny stamps.  I added some mountains in the background, along with more of the pine trees.


And here is a close up of the card's layers...


Would you like to make some pop dot cards of your own?  I have a quick tutorial showing how I pieced them together.  To start, I created some cut files for the base of the cards.  You can get them on my blog here.  If you don't have a cutter, you can still make them.  The dimensions of the base pieces are as follows...

White Cardstock - (cut 3) 4.25" x 5.5" rectangle - with a 3.25" circle cut from the center.
White Cardstock - Card Base 8.5" x 5.5" - Fold in half
Patterned Cardstock - 4" x 5.25 rectangle - with a 3.5" circle cut from the center


On the left are the white pieces that make up the card base.  For each layer I cut some of the Great Outdoors 6x6 papers to create waves and grassy hills.  I also added a piece of the stars paper to the card base.  It will show through the holes in the layers.  I added my stamped pieces to each layer.  On the right you can see how I attached the patterned papers to the backs.  A good way to see where you want to add all of your images is to stack the layers before you assemble your card so you can see how everything lines up.


Next you want to start adding your layers to create your scene.  I started with the back-most piece with the trees and grass.  I added pop dots (you can use foam tape, or nothing if you prefer)  I centered this piece on my main card base and attached.


I then added the 2nd layer directly on top of the first, making sure everything was lined up.  There are pop dots between these layers.  To end, I added the 3rd layer, also with pop dots.  To finish I added the chit chat sentiment to the card front.

This cards can be mailed, but you will need a slightly larger envelope to mail if you've added pop dots.  If you have a cut file for an A2 Envelope I would size it up slightly to accommodate the layers, or you could use a 5x7 envelope.

The best part is that you can use any of your Doodlebug Doodle Stamps or even the Icon and Mini Icon Stickers to create fun little scenes with these bases!  If you do use the files along with your Doodlebug collections, be sure to tag us on Facebook & Instagram.  We love to see your creations.  That's it for me today, thank you for stopping by to peek!

DOODLEBUG PRODUCTS USED
Great Outdoors Collection
Great Outdoors Doodle Stamps and Doodle Cuts

OTHER
Pop Dot Card Base Cut File
Silhouette
Copic Markers
Pop Dots (or foam tape)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!