Monday, November 12, 2018

Doodlebug Design | Christmas Town Advent Calendar

The holidays are upon us!  I was so excited to see the new  Doodlebug Design Christmas Town Collection... the little characters and icons are too cute! I thought they would be adorable as part of an Advent Calendar... so I decided to make one!   I worked with my Silhouette Model Maker Software and designed my first SVG file!  I work for Lori Whitlock so she helped me to fine-tune the details.  I'm so happy with the results, and it's even cuter using the new Christmas Town Collection!  Take a peek...


For the tree base and star I used some new Dot-Stripe Petite Prints in Grasshopper and Lemon.  I added the little pockets using some of my favorite patterned papers from the Christmas Town collection including the Festive Flurry, Christmas Cookies, Snow Much Fun, Christmas Jammies, Berry Christmas, and Merry Hearts.  I then decorated each pocket using the Icon Stickers Sheet, Mini Icons, Baby Hearts Shape Sprinkles, Holly Berries Shape Sprinkles, and Festive Flurry Shape Sprinkles.  Here are some close-ups of the pockets...







It's going to be so fun to countdown with this sweet {literally lol} calendar! The tree file is available in the Lori Whitlock SVG Shop and will be available in the Silhouette Store Soon!   Be sure to stop by the Doodlebug Design Blog all week for more Christmas Town Inspiration from the Design Team!  That's it for me today, thanks for stopping by to peek!




4 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this Advent Calendar Christmas Tree! So cute! Love the papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the tree is cut in two pieces. Does it require 12x12 paper (Cameo) or can it be cut with the Portrait? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is set up for 12x12, the tree halves are bigger than 8.5x11. You may be able to make it slightly smaller, but that will make the pockets smaller and you might have difficulty fitting things in them.

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much! I appreciate the details!

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comments, they are much appreciated!